There are so many ways to give to medical research, either now or in the future. Depending on your own personal circumstances and wishes, you may wish to plan a gift in the future. Gifts for the future include:
- Gift in Will
- Life insurance
- Charitable remainder trusts
- Residual interest gifts
- Gifts of registered retirement funds
We will be pleased to discuss the options with you and your financial advisor.
Advance preparation and maintenance of records can be a godsend for your family when you pass away. The links below will take you to two forms.
FORM 1: Estate Check List Template
This is a blank template form that you can use to enter information that will be needed by your executor and next of kin upon your death.
There are several ways to use this form depending on the computer software you have.
- You can open the template, print the form and complete by hand.
- If you have Adobe Acrobat Reader software, you can save the PDF file on your computer and then type in the data before printing. You will not be able to save the completed form on your computer, you can only print it so make sure you have all your information handy.
- If you have Adobe Acrobat Professional on your computer, you can type in your data and save the completed form on your computer before printing.
Please note that if you are unable to print the form, please contact us at the number below and we will be happy to send you a blank copy.
This document is a sample completed form with made-up information to demonstrate examples of the types of information to include. It is by no means exhaustive. Feel free to attach more detailed information as required (such as description of the memorial service you would like, a copy of your desired obituary, etc.)
Some added tips:
- Consult a professional (lawyer, accountant, financial or estate planner, etc.) to assist you with the preparation of documents and planning your estate.
- Keep your documents (including the estate checklist) in a secure location (i.e. safe from prying eyes, from fire or water hazard).
- Review your estate plans once a year to update as necessary.
- Ensure your executor knows where to locate documents such as the completed estate check list form and your will.
- Remember that leaving a gift to charity (such as DMRF) provides a lasting legacy of good for future generations.
For further assistance, please contact: