COMMUNICATIONS & MARKETING OFFICER
Writing & Production
- Exceptional communications skills, including superior persuasive writing abilities as well as the ability to thoroughly edit documents for spelling, grammar, punctuations and flow;
- Strong organizational skills that provide guidance and structure to communications and marketing activities and coordinate with fundraising initiatives;
- High-level project coordination of two key DMRF publications;
- Planning and participation in DMRF donor events.
Social Media and Online Presence
- Execute day-to-day social media initiatives including posting content across all commonly used platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube etc.);
- Plan, create content, and maintain social media calendars;
- Keep current on social media trends and technologies;
- Maintain DMRF’s digital platforms to the latest standards and best practices;
- Interpret social media analytics in order to refine and improve content;
- Write copy for social media and web use;
- Creative approach to generate social media content engagement;
- Create, manage, and track analytics of regular DMRF emails to donors via MailChimp.
- Comfort working with a wide-variety of people including DMRF staff members, Board Members, donors, researchers and associated Faculty and team members.
- A consistent appetite for learning about the fundraising industry as it relates to our organization;
- Continual learning about the health and medical research supported by DMRF;
- Thoughtful and insightful attention-to-detail of all projects in your portfolio;
Undergraduate degree or diploma in public relations, communications, marketing, journalism or other related area is required.
- 3-5 years’ experience in a communication, account management, public relations, and/or fundraising context is strongly preferred;
- Experience working with and writing for the media would be considered an asset;
- Proficiency with PC computers, Microsoft Office Suite, and an ability to adapt to related software programs with ease is essential;
- Experience with website content creation and management: Craft 3, WordPress, Expression Engine etc;
- An eye for layout/design and ability to create attractive documents, compelling presentations and template-based social media design programs;
- Ability to edit and produce multimedia content;
- Strong interpersonal, time management, and organizational skills;
- Ability to manage and organize projects, handle sensitive and confidential information, prioritize competing projects and deadlines, and produce highly accurate work;
- Demonstrated project management skills;
- Ability to balance competing priorities and tight deadlines while simultaneously focusing on larger goals;
- Proven writing and editing skills with a knack for adjusting writing style to reflect the brand and voice of the organization;
- Solid knowledge of and experience working with social media content creation, writing, management, and analytics;
- Confidence in running ad campaigns on social media platforms and experience with Facebook Ad manager.
- Experience with digital marketing platforms and a keen interest to stay current on new technologies;
- Confidence, professionalism and the interpersonal effectiveness and proven ability to work co-operatively with senior administration and department leaders;
- Capacity for innovation and self-motivated, independent action;
- Enthusiastic attitude toward learning;
- Desire to grow within this role and beyond;
- A sense-of-humour would be considered an asset.
Status: 35 hours/week
Pay Scale: $45,142 - $61,074
Start Date: September 2, 2020
WORK WITH US
We are a strong team with a passion for not only advancing health research outcomes, but for a work environment that is supportive, hardworking and fun. Now, more than ever, the world has seen the power health research has to affect the health and wellness of each of us. If you are looking to advance your communications and marketing acumen by working with a giving and talented team, in a culture that encourages growth and professional development, DMRF is the place for you. At DMRF, your voice will be heard. We value your knowledge and expertise and will be looking to you to you advise us accordingly on the latest and greatest communications and marketing best practices. We encourage you to come to our table, ready to share your experience and enthusiasm!
DMRF also has is pleased to offer an excellence health benefits and RRSP plan.
Please email a cover letter and resume to:
Manager, Communications & Marketing
All applications will be kept confidential.