The Dalhousie Medical Research Foundation has successfully raised funds over the years translating into the creation of dedicated research chairs, fellowships, scholarships, equipment, core facilities, and shared research labs, lectureships, partnerships, and so much more. Today, our organization has grown in size and scope to become a recognized and respected Foundation working alongside Dalhousie Advancement, the Faculties of Medicine, Health, Dentistry, and associated hospital and health partners to fund world-class research here in Halifax to benefit the Maritimes and beyond. Reporting to the Director of Finance and Administration and working closely with the CEO and Director of Philanthropy, the Information Services Officer will be a critical member of the team as we continue to adopt an evidence-based strategy to engaging community stakeholders and improving our ability to manage relationships.
General Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works closely with the Directors and CEO to ensure that the fundraising database facilitates a strategic, integrated program of prospect identification, research, and donor management in support of a major fundraising campaign.
- Serves as the primary liaison between DMRF and DAL Advancement Services and the university’s central ITS department.
- Writes internal policy and guidelines on access to and usage of information technology.
- Provides training, user documentation, and strategic advice to staff regarding information systems.
- Security: Manages user permissions on DMRF applications. Works with ITS to ensure general systems security.
- Administrates database applications.
- Undergraduate/Graduate degree with a focus on information services and/or data integrity and/or equivalent in formal training and experience
- Five years of progressive experience in information management/records management, and/or data integrity environments.
- Excellent data management skills and advanced word processing and spreadsheet abilities
- Substantial experience working with CRM systems, especially those designed for fundraising. Has a firm understanding of CRM pipeline management.
- Strong attention to detail and well versed in data integrity principles.
- Proficient with computers, and the use of data integrity methods, Microsoft Office Suite and be able to adapt to new database technologies with ease.
- Substantial experience using BI Tools (e.g., Cognos, Business Objects, Tableau, PowerBI, Reporting Services, SAS, etc.) to extract data, analyse information, and make recommendations.
- Project management skills and process management skills
- Demonstrated excellence in client-service and working as part of a team.
- Proven experience managing security and features on a multi-user database application.
- Excellent written, verbal, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to balance competing priorities and tight deadlines while simultaneously focusing on larger goals.
- Confidence, professionalism and the interpersonal effectiveness and proven ability to work cooperatively with senior administration and department leaders.
- Capacity for innovation and self-motivated, independent action.
Status: 35 hours/week
Pay Scale: $58,500 - $65,500
Start Date: March 4th, 2019
Deadline for application:
Interested parties should forward a cover letter, current CV and contact information of 2-3 references to:
Kaye Folland, CPA, CA
Director, Finance, and Administration
We thank all applicants, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.