WHO ARE WE?
Founded in 1979, Dalhousie Medical Research Foundation (DMRF) is a registered charity established for the sole purpose of funding excellence in medical research at Dalhousie University Medical School in Nova Scotia and New Brunswick and its affiliated research and teaching institutions.
WHO SUPPORTS US?
DMRF is supported by the generosity of individuals and corporate donors from the Maritime Provinces and across Canada who believe in the importance of medical research. Dalhousie Medical Research Foundation’s support has enabled Dalhousie Medical School to build a world-renowned research capability. Dalhousie Medical School’s research programs are improving patient care and attracting top clinicians and the best minds in medical science to the Maritimes.
Your support can continue this important and critical work.
MISSION – WHAT WE DO
By raising and stewarding funds, we provide an increasing level of support for medical research excellence at Dalhousie Medical School and its affiliated health care institutions.
VISION – WHAT WE ASPIRE TO ACHIEVE
The development of cures, improvement of treatments, and prevention of disease through world-class research at Dalhousie Medical School.
VALUES – OUR CORE BEHAVIOURAL PRINCIPLES
- Donor centricity
- Responsible stewardship
- Partnership and collaboration
- Entrepreneurial thinking
- Integrity, transparency, and accountability
- We ascribe to the Donor Bill of Rights of the Association of Healthcare Philanthropy (AHP) and the Code of Ethics of the Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP). We strive to ensure that these principles are incorporated into day to day activities and are fundamental to any new fundraising initiatives.
As a granting agency, Dalhousie Medical Research Foundation values:
Flexibility to respond in a timely manner to the changing needs of the Faculty of Medicine and its faculty members.
The importance of program evaluation measured by the following criteria:
- Outstanding contributions to the body of scientific knowledge
- Growth in the Faculty’s capacity for research
- Improvements in patient care and treatments
Research mission addresses region’s top health priorities
Dalhousie Medical School is focusing its research resources and talent on the most pressing health concerns in the Maritimes – while building on existing strengths in four key areas: cancer, cardiology, neuroscience, and the overlapping fields of inflammation, infection and immunity.